If you or your child is a minor under the age of 18 years old and is arrested or ticketed by police, they will usually be referred to the local Juvenile Department. This then begins a process that is very different than what happens to people who are 18 years or older. The juvenile system refers to the person as a “youth” and charges are called a “petition.” If charges are filed, that means the juvenile will now enter into “delinquency proceedings” with the Juvenile Court. There are times when a juvenile case can be very complicated because it involves multiple parties, such as – father or mother of the youth, small children, girlfriend or boyfriend of the youth, Department of Human Services (DHS), Oregon Youth Authority (OYA).

It is highly recommended that the juvenile’s family or loved ones seek the help of a private lawyer. This is because a lawyer can sometimes resolve a case before the youth enters the system or can otherwise have the youth avoid jail and other serious punishments by having them complete certain programs. This type of work requires an attorney that can spend a great deal of time getting to know the youth (in or out of jail), speak with his/her family, speak to DHS, negotiate with the probation officer, coordinate with treatment facilities, and find the best possible result for the youth. Mr. Sarparast has the energy to not only be a lawyer but to help the juvenile get the help they need before things get too far. Once a minor enters the juvenile system for a crime or two, it becomes more difficult for them to get out of the criminal system before they reach adulthood. In the past, families have relied on Mr. Sarparast to act as a teacher to the juvenile who is now in trouble and to give the person encouragement.

To obtain more information about available legal services or have your questions answered directly.

Click here to contact SARPA LAW.

©2012 Sarpa Law